Sunday, July 14, 2013

Tortellini Caesar Salad

We made this recipe to eat for lunch while we were on the beach.  DELICIOUS!  I bought 2 bags of tortellini, so will be making this again very soon!  The notes are Carol's.


TORTELLINI CAESAR SALAD
Carol-Taste of Home BB

1 (9-14 oz.) pkg. frozen cheese tortellini (I always use frozen cheese tortellini)
1/2 c. mayonnaise (I use low fat mayonnaise)
1/4 c. milk (I use low fat or fat free milk)
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese (or you can use the shredded Parmesan in the bag found in the dairy case-don't use the one in the "green can"-it's way too dry and salty)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
Freshly ground black pepper to taste 
8 c. torn Romaine lettuce*
1/3 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese**
1 c. seasoned croutons
Halved grape or cherry tomatoes (optional-I use regular cut-up tomatoes when I don't have grape or cherry tomatoes-like in the salad in the picture)


Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.

For the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, milk, 1/4 c. Parmesan, lemon juice, garlic and pepper.

Place tortellini in a large salad bowl. Add the Romaine lettuce and 1/3 c. Parmesan.

Just before serving, drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Top with croutons and tomatoes, if desired. 10 servings.

*You can mix different kinds of lettuce if you choose. I usually serve the dressing on the side when we have it here at home so that we can enjoy the salad for a few days without it getting soggy.

**I sprinkle on the cheese as I serve it....I find it easier to control that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment