Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Cherry Walnut Chicken Salad

I had some fresh cherries to use, so when I saw this recipe, I decided to try it.  I am so glad I did!  This was simple, yet tasty.
Cherry Walnut Chicken Salad

http://insidebrucrewlife.com/

Yield: 6 cups

3 cups cooked, shredded chicken

3/4 cup chopped walnuts

2 celery stalks, diced

2 cups pitted and cut in half fresh cherries

3/4 cup packed cilantro, diced

1/2 cup sour cream

1/2 cup mayonnaise

1/4 cup chopped green onions

salt and pepper

crescent rolls (I use Pillsbury)

Instructions

  1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight to let the flavors deepen.
  2. Serve on crescent rolls or bread. Makes about 6 cups of chicken salad

No comments:

Post a Comment