Sunday, August 4, 2013

Mexican Spiced Beef Roas

I don't remember where I got this recipe.  I wasn't sure how I was going to serve this.  We ended up chopping up the roast and eating it on tortillas.  I used an older crockpot and am not sure if the chuck roast was cut funny, or the crockpot didn't cook as hot as my newer ones.  It tasted great--even if it wasn't tender enough to shred!  It was tender cut this way.
Mexican Spiced Beef Roast


3 pound top round roast Beth used chuck roast
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup chili sauce
1-2 large cloves of garlic, pressed
1-2 teaspoon oregano
1 freshly chopped green chili, seeds removed Beth used a Serrano pepper


Score the fat on the roast and rub with coarse salt. Combine the remaining ingredients - chili sauce, garlic, oregano and freshly chopped green chilies - and rub into top of meat. Place back into slow cooker and cook for an addition 8 to 10 hours on low.


No comments:

Post a Comment