Meat Crust Quichehttp://noodmood.wordpress.com
1 pound of your favorite sausage (I used breakfast pork sausage.)
4 eggs, whisked
1 small container of sliced mushrooms
1.5 cups of broccoli, chopped
1/2 cup feta cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degree.
2. To make the meat crust: Put the breakfast sausage into a pie plate and start pressing it all over the bottom and sides of the dish. Try to make the meat as even as possible all around. TIP: Make sure you go far up the sides. The meat will shrink as it cooks.
3. Put the dish on a baking sheet in case some of the oil spills out. Bake the crust for 18-20 minutes until the meat presses back when you poke it. It won’t be completely cooked.
4. If you want, you can warm up your veggies in skillet with seasoning and fat. If you want to add sauteed onions and garlic, this would be a good time to cook those down. Make sure to let anything you cook first to cool down completely.
5. Whisk your eggs and seasoning. Add your veggie mix to the egg.
6. When your meat crust is done cooking, there will be a lot of oil. Get rid of that oil. (Beth used paper towels to blot up the oil)Pour the egg mixture on top of the meat crust. Put the feta cheese on top of that.
7. This goes back in the oven for 23-25 minutes. It may take longer depending the dish you use to bake it in. To see if it has cooked completely, just poke at the middle and it should push back.