Cinnamon and Sugar Baked Donuts
For the donuts:
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup buttermilk
2 eggs, beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, melted
For the topping:
1 stick butter, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Lightly spray a donut pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
3. In a small bowl, beat together buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, and melted butter until well combined.
4. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
5. Fill your donut pan 3/4 full and bake for 8-10 minutes or until the donuts spring back when touched. Allow to cool slightly before removing from the pan.
6. To make topping, mix together the sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl.
7. Dunk each donut in melted butter to completely coat and the swirl around in the cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.