Neapolitan Sheet Cake
1 package marble cake mix + ingredients specified on cake mix package
1 large package strawberry Jello
1 1/2 c. boiling water
1/2 c. cold water
1 envelope Dream Whip
1 package vanilla instant pudding
1 1/2 c. cold milk
1 tsp. vanilla
For the cake:
1. Dissolve Jello in 1 1/2 cups boiling water. Add 1/2 cup cold water. Set aside at room temperature.
2. Mix and bake cake, according to package directions. Bake in a 13x9-inch pan. After removing cake from the oven, cool for 25 minutes.
3. After cooling for the 25 minutes, use a fork to poke holes all over the cake (be careful not to go all the way through to the bottom of the cake). Slowly pour Jello into the holes. Refrigerate over night.
(NOTE: Marble cake mix can be a bit tricky to find. In a pinch, as happened for me this time, try this method: Buy a yellow cake mix. After mixing up, reserve about 1/4 of the batter. Melt a 1 ounce block of unsweetened baking chocolate; mix into reserved yellow cake batter to create the chocolate batter.)
For the frosting:
4. In a chilled deep bowl, whip Dream Whip, pudding, milk, and vanilla with an electric mixer until fluffy and stiff, about 5 minutes.
5. Immediately frost cake.
6. Store cake in the refrigerator and serve cold.