1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups applesauce, unsweetened
1 banana, mashed
6 packets of Sweetleaf Stevia or use ½ cup honey or ¼ c sugar or sugar sub Beth used splenda
5 cups, Old Fashioned rolled oats
¼ cup flaxseed meal* Beth did not use
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
2¾ cups milk (Beth used 2 %)
Optional toppings: raisins, walnuts, chocolate chips Beth used pecans, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix eggs, vanilla, applesauce, banana and Stevia together in a bowl.
3. Add in oats, flax, cinnamon, baking powder, salt and mix well with wet ingredients.
4. Finally pour in milk and combine.
5. Spray a 12 and 6 capacity muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake liners. Pour mixture evenly into muffin tin cups.
6. If using toppings add them onto the tops of muffins now. If using fresh or frozen fruit, drop it right into the batter.
7. Bake 30 minutes until a toothpick in center comes out clean.
8. Cool and enjoy or freeze them in gallon freezer bags.
Nutrition Info without toppings:
Servings: 24* Calories for one: 107* Fat: 3g* Cholesterol: 19mg* Sodium: 121mg* Fiber: 4g* Sugars: 3g* Carbs: 17g* Protein: 4g* Points+: 2*
Nutrition Info (without toppings)
Servings: 18* Calories for one: 143* Fat: 4g* Cholesterol: 25mg* Sodium: 161mg* Fiber: 4g* Sugars: 4g* Carbs: 23g* Protein: 6g*
Using the Weight Watchers Recipe Builder Points+: 3*
Beth got 31 muffins and figured them to be 2 points plus