Thursday, May 22, 2014

Yummy Yeast Rolls

I made these for Mother's Day lunch.  I used diet mountain dew in place of the 7-up.  I mixed these up on Saturday night and let sit in the fridge all night.  I rolled out the chilled dough in to crescent rolls and made half into cinnamon rolls at about 8 am.  They rose until 12:30.  I baked them at 400 for 12 minutes.  They were delicious!
Yummy Yeast Rolls
Country Woman’s Magazine

2 pkgs. active dry yeast
3/4 c. warm milk
3/4 c. 7-up or Sprite Beth used diet Mountain Dew
1/2 c. butter, cubed
4 eggs
3/4 c. sugar
1 t. salt
5 3/4 to 6 1/2 c. flour

Dissolve yeast in milk. Heat soda and butter together. Add this, eggs, sugar, salt and 2 c. flour to yeast mixture; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form smooth dough. Turned on board and knead until elastic. Place in greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise about an hour. Punch dough down, divide into 4 portions, and divide those into nine pieces each. Shape each into a ball. Place on greased sheets and let rise about 45 minutes. Bake at 350 for 18-20 min. Yield 3 dozen.

*Original poster's Note: I let my bread machine do all the work on this recipe (which I cut in half), and it turned out so great.

No comments:

Post a Comment