While these were very good, I think they needed a bit more seasoning. Next time I will add some garlic powder and onion powder to the flour.
1/2 C mozzarella cheese, shredded
2 T pesto (whatever variety you prefer)
2 T + 1/2 C dried breadcrumbs, seasoned
4 boneless pork chops
1/4 C flour
1/2 t salt
1/4 t freshly cracked black pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten mixed with 1 t water
2 T olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Combine mozzarella, pesto and 2 T breadcrumbs in a bowl. Set aside.
3. Cut a slit in each pork chop, forming a pocket. Be sure NOT to cut all the way through.
4. Stuff each chop with mozzarella mixture.
5. In a shallow bowl combine flour, salt & pepper.
6. Dredge each chop in flour, then in egg and finally in breadcrumbs (coat both sides).
7. Heat oil in a large non stick, oven proof skillet over medium heat.
8. Add chops and cook until brown (about 3-4 min).
9. Carefully flip chops over and transfer oven proof skillet to oven. Bake 12-15 minutes, until pork is cooked through.
10. Serve over pasta, rice or mashed potato.