Monday, December 15, 2014

Microwave Peanut Brittle


I don't think I have ever made peanut brittle.  I thought this would be foolproof since it is done in the microwave.  My first batch burned, but the second batch was great since I stopped and stirred it every minute or so.

Microwave Peanut Brittle
http://www.plainchicken.com

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup (Karo)
1 Tbsp butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup peanuts
1 tsp baking soda

Combine sugar and syrup in a microwave safe bowl (I use a glass bowl), stir. Microwave on high for 4-5 minutes.(Beth stirred every 1-2 minutes) Add butter, vanilla and peanuts; stir. Microwave on high for 1 minute 30 seconds. Remove bowl from microwave and quickly stir in baking soda.

Immediately pour mixture onto parchment paper, aluminum foil or a Silpat. Spread into a rectangle and let cool for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment