Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Garlic Chicken
2lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts (cut into 6 fillets)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/4 cup diet lemon lime soda Beth used diet Mountain Dew
1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp cornstarch
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Salt and pepper chicken breasts and place in slow cooker.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (all EXCEPT the cornstarch), and pour over chicken.
3. Cook on low for 6 hours.
4. Remove chicken from slow cooker and pour all the leftover sauce into a medium sized sauce pan, and set over medium high heat.
5. In a very small bowl, mix together the cornstarch with two tablespoons of water. Then, add that into the sauce. Bring to a simmer, and stir continuously until sauce begins to thicken, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for about 1-2 more minutes as the sauce will thicken more as it cools.
6. Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Entire recipe makes 6 servings
Serving size is 1 chicken fillet with sauce
Each serving = 6 Points +
PER SERVING: 241 calories; 2g fat; 20g carbohydrates; 31g protein; 0g fiber