Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Homemade Beef Enchiladas

Jenna here again! I thought I'd share how I put together those enchiladas I talked about in my last post! I worked off a recipe I found, but also just altered it to what I was hungry for. The end result...? Delicious!

Homemade Beef Enchiladas
http://thepioneerwoman.com/

Meat Filling:
-1 pound, ground beef
-2 cloves, minced garlic
-1 small onion, diced small
-taco seasoning
-water

-Tortillas, corn or flour

Sauce:
-Homemade Enchilada Sauce

Filling:
-Cheddar cheese, grated
-green onions
-fresh cilantro, chopped
-corn, black beans, salsa, avocado (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a glass 9x13 pan.

For the meat mixture, brown ground beef with chopped onion. Make sure the beef is crumbled really fine. At the end, add the minced garlic. Add taco seasoning (1/4 cup, or more if you like spice) and water and cook until bubbly. I added more water than the taco seasoning package recommended, because I like saucy taco meat.

Create an assembly line where your tortillas, sauce, meat filling and toppings are within reach. Once meat is brown, add mixture to tortilla (amount will depend on size of tortillas used), top with cheddar cheese, green onions, and cilantro. Roll up towards you so the tortilla resembles a burrito. Place seam side down into a 9x13 pan. Repeat until pan is full. Pour homemade enchilada sauce over all the tortillas and allow to seep throughout the pan. Cover enchiladas with cheddar cheese and chopped cilantro. Place into oven for 20-30 minutes or until the top of the enchiladas are brown and bubbly.

Serve with sour cream, salsa, and avocado.

No comments:

Post a Comment