Friday, February 6, 2015

Rhubarb Blueberry Muffins


I had been out of my kitchen for over a week and desperately needed to bake! :-)   I made a double batch of these and am glad I did!  See my changes in bold.  I got 12 regular and 12 mini muffins.
Rhubarb Blueberry Muffins
adapted from http://www.ajourneytothin.com


2 Tablespoons of butter, softened
1/4 cup sugar
1/8 cup egg beaters Beth used 1 egg
2 Tablespoons light sour cream
3/4 cup flour  Beth used 1 cup
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tablespoons milk
1/2 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 cup chopped fresh rhubarb Beth used frozen
1 t almond flavoring


Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Cream together the butter and the sugar.
Add the egg beaters and sour cream until mixed well.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Add this to the mixture along with the milk.
Gently fold in the blueberries and rhubarb.
Divide out evenly into a greased muffin pan. Makes 12 muffins.
Bake for 20-25 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment