Sunday, April 12, 2015

Beef Brisket


This is the new brisket recipe I tried for Easter this year.  I cooked it the day before for 7 hours.  I let it cool and then sliced it and put it back in the broth/marinade in the fridge overnight.  I then put it back in the crockpot on low for 4 hours on Easter.  Turned out great!
Beef Brisket
Marinate a 4-6 lb beef brisket, trimmed if you like for 12-24 hours in the fridge. (I just put mine in the marinade the night before.)

Marinade:

1 can beef broth  Beth used 14 oz water and 1.5 t beef bouillon 
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 cup soy sauce
3 cloves garlic
2 TBSP liquid smoke

The next morning, place the beef brisket into the crock pot with about half of the marinade liquid. (Discard the rest of the marinade.)
 
Cook on LOW at least 8 hours, ALL DAY. Cooking on LOW is the key.
 
Shred with forks, it should just fall apart.Beth used an electric knife to cut against the grain. 
 
Drain the liquid if you like, I left mine in to keep the meat from drying out and just used a fork to serve it without the liquid.

No comments:

Post a Comment