Sunday, April 19, 2015

Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes

I have had this in my 'to try' folder for many years.  I made these to go with pork chops the other night.  Excellent.  I used a 3 qt crock pot and it was filled to the brim.  Next time I will mix the ingredients together and then put it in the crockpot.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
http://greenlitebites.com

4 large sweet potatoes (about 5 inches long)
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp molasses
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp ground allspice
dried or fresh parsley for garnish

Clean (scrub) the potatoes with water. Cut into large chunks leaving skin on. Add them to the crockpot.

In a small bowl whisk the honey, molasses, vinegar and all spice to make the marinade.

Pour the marinade over the potatoes, stir to coat.

Cover and cook on high for about 4 hours until potatoes are nice and soft.

Serve in a casserole dish with a sprinkle of parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment