Saturday, May 16, 2015

Carino's Dipping Oil

Jenna and Kathleen put this together while I was gone.  They froze part of it and it tasted GREAT!
Carino's Dipping Oil
1T toasted garlic
1T rosemary
1T oregano
2t basil
1/2t red pepper flakes
1/2t salt
1/2t pepper
3T Parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp sugar
olive oil for serving

In order to incorporate the "Johnny Carino's" type of garlic feel, I peeled, and finely chopped two heads of garlic. (You could make much less, but I figure make a batch and freeze the extra's for later!)

I placed about a quarter size dollop of olive oil in my pan, coated the garlic well, and then consistently stirred over medium heat for 10ish minutes! Its important to constantly stir so your garlic won't burn!

Once it's golden, drain any leftover oil and mix the spices, cheese and sugar. We froze half of it and placed half of it on the plate and drizzled with olive oil to cover.

We served it with ciabatta bread. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment