Friday, August 21, 2015

Dilly Coleslaw

My sister, Karen, was here last week. She loves dill pickles so I bought a LARGE jar. I saw this recipe and wanted to try it, but was nervous it would be tart. I was SO wrong. I made a half batch for just Don and me and we both really liked it.



Dilly Coleslaw
http://www.tasteofhome.com


8 cups shredded cabbage
1/2 cup chopped dill pickles
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup dill pickle juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper

In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, pickles and onion. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until smooth.

Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment