Thursday, October 15, 2015

Potato Chowder for Crockpot

I put this in the crockpot one morning at 9 and by 5:30 everything was nice and tender. I blended all the ingredients. Quite tasty and easy to make.   I have had the recipe in my files for MANY years.  I don't remember where it came from, but it is a keeper.



Potato Chowder for Crockpot

Servings | 12 cups


8 cup potatoes (I used the frozen diced hash browns)Beth used shredded hashbrowns, 30 oz bag
1/3 cup onion
43 oz fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth Beth used 48 oz water and 6 tsp bouillon
1 can canned condensed cream of chicken soup or celery
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/3 cup celery
8 oz  cream cheese

In 5 QT slow cooker, combine diced potatoes, chopped onion and celery, chicken broth, cream of chicken soup and pepper. Cook 8-10 hours on low. Add cream cheese and cook another 20 minutes stirring occasionally. Beth blended it all together with a hand blender.  Can serve with cheddar cheese and bacon.






 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment