Saturday, December 26, 2015

Creamy Rueben Soup

A Rueben sandwich is my very favorite thing to eat. In fact, when I was pregnant with my oldest, I craved them at least 3 times a week! I saw this recipe and had to try it. We LOVED it!


CREAMY RUEBEN SOUP
http://mariamindbodyhealth.com



1 Medium Onion – Diced
2 Ribs Celery – Diced
2 Large Cloves Garlic – Minced
3 Tbs. Butter
1 lb. Corned Beef – Chopped
32 oz. Beef Stock
1 Cup Sauerkraut Beth used one 14 oz can
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Caraway Seeds
¾ tsp. Black Pepper
2 Cups Heavy Cream
1 ½ Cup Swiss Cheese - Shredded


1. Heat slow cooker on high setting.

2. To a large sauté pan, over low-medium heat, add onion, celery, garlic and butter. Sauté until soft and translucent. Transfer to slow cooker.

3. To the slow cooker, add corned beef, beef stock, sauerkraut, sea salt, caraway seed and black pepper. Cover and cook on high for 4.5 hours.

4. Add heavy cream and Swiss cheese and cook 1 additional hour

No comments:

Post a Comment