Friday, January 22, 2016

Spicy Roasted Cashews

I had some raw cashews from a friend in my pantry.  I saw this recipe and knew I wanted to try it.  I made half the recipe.  My changes are in bold.  Very good and addicting!


Spicy Roasted Cashews
http://fedandfit.com


2 lbs Raw Cashews (can usually find in the bulk foods section)
¼ cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil  can use butter
1 Tbl Finely Chopped Fresh Rosemary
1 Tbl Kosher Salt
2 tsp Hot Paprika Beth used regular
2 tsp Cracked Black Pepper


1.Preheat oven to 400 F.

2.Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

3.Spread the raw cashews out over the baking sheet one layer thick (not any thicker).

4.Bake for approximately 7-9 minutes or until they’re slightly golden brown. Your nose will be able to tell you when they’re ready.

5.In a small saucepan, melt the coconut oil.Butter

6.Turn the heat to low and add the seasonings.

7.When the cashews are finished in the oven, transfer them to a large bowl, pour in the seasoned coconut oil and stir until all the nuts are evenly coated.

8.Serve warm in a bowl.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment