Saturday, March 26, 2016

Bacon Cheeseburger Bake

I saw a recipe similar to this on the internet and decided to make it my own.  I mixed up all the ingredients except the cheese.  I split the meat mixture in half and added blue cheese to one half and cheddar to the other.  This was very good.  See my notes in bold in the recipe.

Bacon Cheeseburger Bake

1 -1 1/2 # ground beef
12 slices bacon
salt
pepper
steak seasoning
1/2-1 c cheese(Beth used blue cheese in 1/2 and cheddar in the other)
1/2 bell pepper, chopped
1/4 c chopped onion
Cast iron skillet or other oven proof skillet

Preheat oven to 375.

Lay bacon down in a pinwheel type style(After making this, we decided next time we will partially cook the bacon first)

Mix all other ingredients together and pat down over the bacon.  Fold the bacon over top and bake for 45 minutes.  Beth ended up broiling for a bit to crisp up the bacon.I s

No comments:

Post a Comment