I made these to take to a ladies Bible Study and then for our Dave Ramsey class. Everyone liked them.
Chocolate Raspberry Bars
Recipe By: <email@example.com>
Serving Size: 24
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup butter or margarine
1 large egg, slightly beaten
1 teaspoon almond extract
3/4 cup raspberry jam
6 ounce semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup chopped almonds, blanched (I used sliced)
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1 tablespoon milk
1. Combine flour and 1 cup sugar in a bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture is crumbly. Add egg and almond extract; stir well.
2. Set aside 1 cup of flour mixture for the topping. Press remaining flour mixture into a lightly greased 13"x 9" pan.
3. Spread raspberry jam evenly over dough.
4. Combine reserved flour mixture, chocolate morsels and almonds; stir well. Sprinkle topping over raspberry jam; gently press topping into jam with a fork. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on wire rack.
5. Combine powdered sugar and milk in small bowl; stirring until mixture is smooth. Drizzle glaze over the toppings. Cut into bars.