I made this for Don for breakfasts this week. I LOVE the maple syrup in this. Delicious! Glad I doubled the recipe. Doubled, it fits in a large Tupperware cereal keeper.
2½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
½ cup chopped almonds
½ cup chopped pecans
¼ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ cup butter
½ cup maple syrup
¼ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, almonds, pecans, brown sugar and cinnamon.
3. In a small pot on a medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in the maple syrup and the salt.
4. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla.
5. Pour the butter/syrup mixture over the oats/nuts mixture and stir until well blended.
6. Pour onto 1 large sheet pan.
7. Cook for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes to achieve an even color.
8. Remove from oven, cool and transfer to a large bowl.