2 c. unsalted butter, melted
3 c. firmly packed light brown sugar
1/3 c. sugar
4 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. old fashioned oats
4 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 (14 oz.) can dulce de leche
1. Heat oven to 350F. Generously spray a 13x9-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the melted butter, light brown sugar, and sugar.
3. Add eggs, vanilla extract, and oats, and blend well. Fold in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
5. Spread batter into prepared pan. Top batter with spoonfuls of dulce de leche and using the end of a utensil, swirl the dulce de leche into the batter.
6. Bake 38 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges but center is still wobbly. Reduce oven temperature to 325F. Bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until center is set.
Yield: 2 dozen [large] bars