Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Runzas

Good morning, Jenna here! I made this recipe the other day since I had some cabbage I needed to use. I altered the recipe a bit, and got 8 good sized Runzas. I ended up freezing 4 of them after I cooked them. I've taken them out of the freezer before work and they are perfectly thawed by dinner time. I will definitely make these again for an easy meal.

Runzas (Homemade Bierocks)
herviewfromhome.com


Rhodes Frozen Bread Dough (2 loaves) (Jenna used 1.5 loaves)
2 pounds ground beef (Jenna used 1 pound)
1 head of cabbage (Jenna used half of a head - she had a large cabbage)
1 yellow onion
minced garlic
2 TBSP butter (optional)

Follow package for bread dough. (Jenna let the bread dough sit out to defrost while she was at work). 
Once risen, roll into small sections. Brown ground beef and drain fat, add chopped onion, garlic, butter, and chopped cabbage. (Jenna did not add the butter) Cook it down.  Salt and pepper to taste.

Add ¼ to ½ cup of beef mixture to rolled out sections of dough. Fold in half/wrap/shape how you wish. Bake 30-35 minutes until brown. 

No comments:

Post a Comment