I made these for church and a neighborhood get together. They were rich and very yummy!
Chocolate Banana Toffee Layer Bars
2 cups chocolate toffee bits, divided
12 whole graham crackers
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened, cut into pieces
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup rice krispies cereal
1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup banana chips, coarsely chopped
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk Beth used chocolate sweetened condensed milk
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 13x9-inch pan with aluminum foil and coat the foil generously with cooking spray.
2. Pulse 1 cup of the toffee bits with the graham crackers in a food processor to fine crumbs. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles wet sand. Transfer to the prepared pan and press evenly into the bottom. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the crust has lightly browned.
3. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the hot crust. Layer the rice krispies, walnuts, remaining toffee bits, and banana chips over the melty chocolate chips. Press each layer in to adhere. Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over the top.
4. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 2 hours. Lift the bars out by the foil and cut into 24 squares.
5. Store the bars in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.