Thursday, June 2, 2016

Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo Dressing

Jenna here again! Ya'll, this recipe is one of my all time favorites. I came across this when I was looking for easy, low fat dressing recipes for a cobb salad. As you can see from the picture below, it makes quite a bit. Let me just tell you, that I ate the majority of this in a week! I asked my mom if she wanted me to bring some home for her to try this past weekend, but unfortunately that didn't happen! Instead, I stopped by to get more ingredients to make it at home! This recipe is really easy, super delicious, and won't last long! I bet it would be delicious as a salsa or even a sauce for chicken, too!

Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo Dressing

 
1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt (Jenna also added 1/4 cup of sour cream)
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed, leave them in if you want it spicy
1/4 cup of fresh cilantro
1 tomatillo, husks removed, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 scallion (I added just some chopped onion)
juice of 1/2 lime (or one whole lime!)
1/2 tsp dried parsley flakes
1/8 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
1/4 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients in a blender. (Jenna made this first at her apartment and doesn't have a blender. It worked okay with a hand held immersion blender, but I should have chopped the tomatillo a little smaller because it didn't want to break up. It was definitely quicker with my mom's Ninja!). Place in an airtight container and put in the fridge. Makes 2 cups.....and it won't last long!

Weight Watcher Recipes Servings: 7 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Points +: 1 pt • Smart Points: 1
Calories: 43.3 • Fat: 2.4 g • Protein: 2.1 g • Carb: 3.7 g • Fiber: 0.3 g  

No comments:

Post a Comment