This was another yummy dessert we made for Father's Day. Very good!
1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup + 1 tbsp. brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 and 1/2 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cornstarch
1/4 tsp. salt
1 and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips, separated
3 cups miniature marshmallows
3/4 cup Spring M&M's
3 tablespoons sprinkles
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the room temperature butter with the white and brown sugar in a medium sized bowl.
3. Mix the butter and sugars together with hand beaters or in a stand mixer until creamy and fluffy. Mix in the egg and vanilla and beat until just incorporated.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch, and salt. Stir together and slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
5. Mix until combined.
6. With a wooden spoon, stir in one cup of the white chocolate chips. Press the cookie dough into a 9 x 13 pan that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
7. Bake the cookie dough for 10-13 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
8. Remove and immediately top with the miniature marshmallows and M&M's. Return to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until the marshmallows become puffy.
9. Remove and sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup white chocolate chips and sprinkles over the bars.
10. Let cool completely and then cut with a wet knife.