Monday, July 18, 2016
Cocoa Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
I made these for a snack to hopefully cure my need for chocolate. They are good, but since I used Splenda, I may add a bit more next time
2 cups raw almonds, whole
2 tbsp coconut oil Beth used butter
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp sea salt
2 tbsp sweetener of choice, divided Beth used Splenda
1 tbsp cocoa powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 F, and line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Place almonds on sheet and bake for 6 to 8 minutes until just lightly toasted. Remove from oven to cool.
3. In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp coconut oil or butter. Add to coconut oil: 1 tsp cinnamon, ½ tsp sea salt, and 1 tbsp granular sweetener. Melt and stir together until combined and sweetener is melted into oil. Turn off heat.
4. Add toasted almonds to the frying pan and stir to coat with cinnamon mixture.
5. Once almonds are coated, return them to the lined baking sheet.
6. Sprinkle almonds with the other 1 tbsp sweetener.
7. With sifter or fine mesh strainer, sift cocoa powder over all the almonds.
8. Let almonds cool, then serve.