I LOVE Mc Griddles from Mc Donalds but haven't had one for a long time since going low carb. This was very good and quenched my need!
1 cup Almond Flour
1/4 cup Flaxseed Meal
1 lb. Breakfast Sausage
10 large Eggs
4 oz. Cheddar Cheese
6 tbsp. Walden Farms Maple Syrup Beth just used sugar free pancake syrup
4 tbsp. Butter
1/2 tsp. Onion Powder
1/2 tsp. Garlic Powder
1/4 tsp. Sage
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Put a pan on the stove over medium heat, then add the breakfast sausage. As it cooks, break up with a wooden spoon and continue to cook until browned.
2. In a separate bowl, measure out all dry ingredients, then add the wet ingredients. Only add 4 tbsp. of the Walden Farm’s Syrup, as we’ll be using the other 2 tbsp. to top everything off. Mix together well.
3. Add in the cheese to the mixture and continue mixing again.
4. Once the sausage is browned and somewhat crispy, add everything (including excess fat) into the mixture for the casserole. Mix together well again.
5. Line a 9×9 casserole dish with parchment paper Beth just used Pam and then pour the casserole mixture into the dish. Use 2 tbsp. Walden Farm’s Syrup drizzled over the top for extra maple flavor. You can use practically any larger casserole dish you’d like too (as it’s rather thick). Just reduce the cooking time slightly if you are using a larger dish.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 45-55 minutes. You want the inside to be completely cooked through.
7. Once done, remove from the oven and let cool. Remove the casserole by holding on to the edges of the parchment paper and lifting out.
8. Slice and serve. Feel free to drizzle a little bit more syrup over each one