I had some riced cauliflower in the refrigerator that I needed to use up before headed to the beach. This recipe fit the bill. I really liked it. It was easy to put together. I added the eggs after reading the reviews.
2 lbs skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 tbsp olive oil
1 large cauliflower
16 oz bag frozen broccoli cuts
2 eggs beaten(Beth’s addition)
2 tsp coarse sea salt
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded Beth used all mozzarella
1½ cup Italian five cheese blend, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally, lightly coat in olive oil and place on baking sheet. Liberally season with salt and pepper. Bake for 20 minutes.
3. While chicken is baking, grate cauliflower in a large bowl. Add frozen broccoli cuts, chopping some of the larger pieces in half.
4. Remove chicken from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
5. While chicken is cooling, add sea salt, melted butter, onion powder, garlic powder, shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 cup of the shredded Italian five cheese blend to the large bowl.
6. Mix everything together.
7. Carefully cut baked chicken into cubes. Toss with broccoli/cauliflower mixture and transfer to 9 x 13 inch (3 quart) baking dish or larger.
8. Top with ½ cup shredded Italian mix cheese.
9. Bake in oven for 50 minutes.
10. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
11. Top with some diced chives, a dollop of ranch dressing and enjoy!