I doubled this recipe and am SO glad I did! I LOVED this recipe.
5 oz baby spinach
1 small cauliflower head [cut into florets] Beth grated fine in food processor
1 small onion [diced]
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella [plus a little more for on top]
2 tbsp. cream
1 tbsp. butter [plus a little more for sauteing the onion]
1/2 tsp nutmeg
pinch of ground cloves
salt and pepper
- Turn on broiler.
- Bring a medium pot of water to the boil. Once it boils rapidly, add the cauliflower florets and boil for 10 minutes.
- When the cauliflower is cooked, use a slotted spoon to scoop the florets into a food processor. Blitz the cauliflower until smooth with the cream and butter. Season with salt and pepper. Beth cooked the cauliflower with the onion and butter since I grated it.
- While the cauliflower boils, saute the onion in a little bit of butter until soft and and then add the spinach, nutmeg and cloves and cook until wilted.
- Now mix the cauliflower, spinach/onion, cream(Beth added a bit more and cooked this a bit more to cook the cauliflower) and cheese together, adjust seasoning if needed, and scoop into a cast iron pan or small baking dish.
- Slide under the broiler until the cheese is golden brown.