Orange Creamsicle Cookies
2½ cups flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
½ cup Shortening
½ cup sugar
½ cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon orange zest
2 cups Guitard Choc-Au-Lait Vanilla Chips (I used Ghirardelli white chips)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening and sugars until light. Beat in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Slowly add flour mixture until combined. Stir in the orange zest and white or vanilla chips.
4. Drop rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Do not flatten cookies; it will make them dry.
5. Bake 8-9 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Do not overcook!
6. Cookies will be plump. Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely.