Maple Cinnamon Spiced Nuts
1 egg white
2 tbsp. maple syrup
2 cups Diamond California® pecans
1 cup Diamond California® almonds
1/2 cup granulated sugar Beth used Splenda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cardamom
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl beat the egg white until frothy with the maple syrup.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together sugar, salt, cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, and cayenne pepper.
4. Pour the pecans and almonds into the bowl of the egg white and maple syrup. Toss the nuts and coat them well.
5. Pour the bowl of the sugar and spices over the nuts and toss and make sure everything is coated well with the spice mixture.
6. Pour the entire bowl onto the lined baking sheet and spread in an even layer.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, occasionally turning the nuts so they don't burn.
8. Store in an airtight container.