Saturday, December 10, 2016

Perfect Pumpkin Pie

I had a friend ask me if I had ever made a pumpkin pie with sweetened condensed milk.  Since I hadn't, and Thanksgiving was coming, it was a perfect time.  I REALLY liked this---maybe the topping added something, too.  Will make this again.
Perfect Pumpkin Pie
Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen

1 15 oz can or 2 c cooked pumpkin
1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs
1 t cinnamon
1/2t ginger
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t salt
9 " unbaked pie crust

Streusel Topping
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c flour
1/4 c butter

Preheat oven to 425.  In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, milk, eggs, spices and salt.  Mix well; pour into prepared pie crust.  Bake for 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 350 and continue baking 35-40 minutes.  Mix streusel topping in medium bowl.  Combine brown sugar and flour.  Cut in 1/4 c cold butter until crumbly.  After pie has baked 30 minutes at 350, spread streusel topping evenly over top.  Bake for 10 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment