Smoked Sweet and Spicy Chicken Wings
5 pounds of chicken wings
2 aluminum baking pans
An electric smoker
Mesquite wood chips
2 1/2 tablespoons ground black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon seasoned salt (I used Lawry's)
1 cup honey
1/2 cup spicy barbecue sauce (I used Stub's)
3 tablespoons apple juice Beth didn't use
How To Do It:
- Preheat the smoker to 225°F.
- Rinse and pat dry 5 pounds of chicken wings.
- Mix together the dry rub. Divide wings into two resealable plastic bags. Divide seasoning between the two bags. Seal each bag and shake well until wings are evenly coated with the dry rub. Marinate several hours or at the minimum, 2 hours.
- Remove wings and place each portion in its own disposable aluminum baking pan.
- Place the pans in smoker. Turn wings over after 2 hours and cook for 1 more hour.
- Heat sauce on stove top. Cover wings evenly with sauce. Return to smoker for 30 more minutes.