Monday, March 6, 2017

Dutch Apple Dessert

Just before Thanksgiving, my sister asked me for this recipe.  I realized I had never put it on the blog.  I made this(doubled the recipe--see note at bottom) and took it to church for treats recently.  It is one of our favorite desserts.
Dutch Apple Dessert
Eagle Brand Flyer--many years ago

5 medium apples, peeled and diced
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 t cinnamon
1/2 c  butter
2 T butter
1 c bisquick
1/2 c bisquick
1/2 c brown sugar
1/2 c nuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 325.  Combines apples, sweetened milk and cinnamon. 

In another bowl, cut 1/2 c cold butter into 1 c bisquick.   Stir into apple mixture.  

Pour into a 9 x9 pan. 

In another bowl, combine 1/2 c bisquick, brown sugar and 2 T cold butter until crumbly.  Add nuts, if desired.    Sprinkle over apple mixture. 

Bake 1 hour.

To make 9x 13 pan, double all ingredients EXCEPT the sweetened condensed milk

No comments:

Post a Comment