Saturday, April 8, 2017

Orange Cookies

My friend Jayne sent me this recipe last week.  I made them---some with a small cookie scoop and some dropped from a teaspoon.  I took these to the school I used to teach at and they were quite the hit with students and teachers!

Orange Cookies
Jayne Lancour

1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup shortening
3 eggs
1 cup sour milk (I used 1 tablespoon lemon juice and the rest of the cup was milk)
1 teaspoon baking soda in milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
3-1/2 cups flour
1 orange and rind

Frosting
Powdered sugar
1 orange and rind


Mix sugar and shortening.  Add eggs and milk/baking soda mixture and mix.  Add flour and baking powder.  Grate rind of orange and squeeze juice out of orange and add to mixture.  Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.  

Frost with frosting and again grate the rind of the orange and squeeze the orange for juice--the amount of powdered sugar depends on how bid and juicy your orange is

No comments:

Post a Comment