Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Breadmaker Hamburger Buns





Simple and easy. Better than store bought. I usually don't brush with butter.

Hamburger buns

1 c water
2 T oil
1 egg
3 1/4 c flour
1/4 c sugar
1 t salt
3 t yeast

Place all dough ingredients in bread pan in order listed. Select dough setting on bread maker. When cycle is complete(2 hours), grease a cookie sheet. Divide dough into 12 balls and form into hamburger buns. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Brush with melted butter or margarine. Cover and raise 30 minutes or until doubled. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.

*****Beth's notes. I have shaped these into brat buns and they are just perfect every time!

7 comments:

  1. So soft and delicious--thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for a simple recipe with few ingredients. Can't wait to make these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Easiest and best recipe for burger buns I've made yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to add best tasting, soft and fluffy too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dough was way too sticky! Any idea why?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you add more flour while you formed them? Sometimes I need to do that. I always check the dough in the machine and add more flour or water if necessary Hope this helps

    ReplyDelete
  7. This recipe is amazing! I make it at least twice a week. It's become a must have when we have people over lol.

    ReplyDelete