Thursday, September 3, 2009

Easy Cheesy Crockpot Potatoes

I started making these in 2001 in the crockpot. We were building our house and had the use of a concession trailer and a generator, so I used the crockpot for many meals. Our excavator LOVED these, so we now call them "Steve's potatoes".

Easy Cheesy Crockpot Potatoes

1 2 # bag frozen hash browns
16 oz sour cream
10 oz shredded cheddar cheese
4 oz Monterey jack cheese
1 stick butter or margarine
1/2 c chopped onions
1 can cream of chicken soup

Mix all ingredients in big bowl. Save part of cheddar to sprinkle on top. Cook in slow cooker about 4-5 hours on low. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.

MY NOTES: I just use all the same cheese---either a cheddar blend or all cheddar. I don't bother with putting any on the top and use 16 oz total for the cheese. I do stir this if I am home to do so. Sometimes I use 2 cans of the soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment