Friday, October 9, 2009

Jo Ellen’s “Killer” Brownies

This recipe comes from a friend from Racine, WI that I met in a Stitching/Quilting group. These brownies are very rich and so yummy.


Jo Ellen’s “Killer” Brownies

14 ounce caramels
1 can eagle brand milk
¾ cup margarine
12 ounces chocolate chips
1 German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 cup chopped nuts (Pecans)
12 oz chocolate chips

Melt caramels with ½ can of sweetened condensed milk. Mix butter (melted), rest of sweetened milk, cake mix (dry) and nuts. Place ½ batter in greased 9 x 13 pan. This will be thick….I sometimes wet my hands and pat it in the pan. Bake for 6 minutes at 350.

Spread ½ of the chocolate chips over top and then spread the caramel mixture over the chocolate chips. Add remaining batter (again, I have to wet my hands, and press the mix between my hand to get it smooth). Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on top. Bake 15 minutes at 350. Cool and cut small.

No comments:

Post a Comment