Monday, June 28, 2010

BLT Salad

I have been making this for at least 10 years. A favorite with fresh tomatoes.

BLT Salad
Printed from Allrecipes, Submitted by D. L. Mooney

1 pound bacon
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
salt to taste
1 head romaine lettuce - rinsed, dried and shredded
2 large tomatoes, chopped
2 cups seasoned croutons

Place bacon in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat, turning frequently, until evenly browned. Drain, crumble and set aside.

In a blender or food processor, combine mayonnaise, milk, garlic powder and black pepper. Blend until smooth. Season the dressing with salt.

Combine lettuce, tomatoes, bacon and croutons in a large salad bowl. Toss with dressing, and serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just recently found your blog and I am lovin' it! I made this salad tonight and my husband couldn't quit telling me how good it tasted! We loved this! I think next time I may add a little bit of shredded cheddar and hard boiled egg cause that is how we usually eat our BLT's. Yum! Can't wait to try some of your other recipes! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete