Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Cheese Cloud Breakfast Casserole

I got this recipe from a lady in my BSF group. She brought this to a fellowship and we all went crazy over it! It is a bit fussy to make, but it is well worth it. I made it for our SS class this past week and it was a hit. I fried the bacon and hashbrowns early on Sat. I put them in the fridge until the next day when I warmed them a bit before topping the casserole with it. I doubled the recipe, but only used 1 1/2 pounds of bacon and 1 package of hashbrowns. That was plenty.


Cheese Cloud Breakfast Casserole
Sherill Stewart
12 slices bread, trim crusts off
1/2 lb cheddar cheese
4 eggs
2 1/2 c milk
1 tsp yellow mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp seasoning salt(I used Lawrys)
dash of cayenne pepper
dash of black pepper
1 T Worcestershire sauce
1-2 T grated onion
Topping
1-2 lbs bacon, fried and crumbled
1 30 oz package frozen hashbrowns, fried crisp in bacon drippings(drain
3-4 green onions, sliced thin with the tops, too
Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Place 6 pieces of bread in the bottom on the pan. Put cheese on top of bread and then top with remaining slices of bread.
Mix all the rest of the ingredients together and pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour. Add the topping mixture(that you have crumbled and mixed together)and drizzle with ketchup(Yes, that is right) Bake another 15-20 minutes. Serve with salsa or pico de gallo, if desired.

2 comments:

  1. Is the top picture one of your doubled batch, or did you do it in 2 pans? It looks like only 12 slices of bread, but i wasn't sure if maybe you just stacked it somehow. Looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is of a single batch in a 9 x 13 pan. It is 6 pieces of bread, then cheese and then 6 more pieces of bread. Hope that helps. I made 2 pans worth when I doubled it.

    ReplyDelete