Saturday, October 8, 2011

Gone in 60 seconds dip

My family can't begin to tell you how yummy this dip is. They know why it has this name! Excellent! I did not use the cream cheese and it held together in a ball shape just fine. I had my home canned hot pepper jelly. This is a great recipe to throw together for unexpected company or great football fare!


      Gone in 60 seconds dip


Ta  Taste of home bb

1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup of chopped pecans
1 cup of chopped green onions
1/4 cup of Mayo (I used closer to 1/2 cup.)
1/4 to 1/2 C. Hot pepper jelly

Combine cheese, pecans, green onion, mayo or cream cheese. At this point this mixture can be frozen for later use. Chill for a few hours and place on pretty plate and spoon jam over the top of the dip just before serving. (You can use 1/2 C. softened cream cheese if you want to form a ball)

I served mine with Ritz crackers, but the original recipe says Wheat Thins.

No comments:

Post a Comment