Sunday, October 23, 2011

Honey Oatmeal Bread

This was a yummy bread maker recipe. I decided to try it on the dough setting and bake in the oven since my bread maker seems to brown too dark on the bake setting. My old bread maker never did that. I LOVED how it turned out.

Honey Oatmeal Bread

1 warm cup water
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/3 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup rolled oats (heaping)
2 1/3 cups bread flour (or wheat flour)
1 heaping teaspoon active dry yeast

Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer.

Select Light Crust or Basic setting, and press Start. ***Beth set it for the dough setting.  When done, I took the dough and formed it and put it in a bread pan.  I let it rise 1 hour and then baked it at 350 for 30 minutes.  YUM.


1 comment: