Friday, November 4, 2011

Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese

I wanted to try Mac and Cheese in the crockpot but did not want to have to cook the noodles first. This was a great recipe to make. I did make some changes(see recipe)and I think next time I would add more milk--maybe 2 cups more. When the noodles were cooked, this was DONE. I added more milk when I reheated the leftovers on the cooktop and it was still good.
Crockpot Macaroni and Cheese
1/2 pound uncooked macaroni (Beth used a 16 oz bag)
4 cups of milk (Beth used about 1/2 c more)
2 eggs

4 cups shredded cheese (I used all cheddar)
1/2 t kosher salt (Beth used a bit more)
1/2 t black pepper
1 tsp dried mustard


Spray crock well with cooking spray. In a mixing bowl, whip eggs and milk together. Stir in spices.

Add cheese and noodles, and stir well to combine. Pour the mixture into the crockpot.

It will be very liquidy.

Cover and cook on low for 2-5 hours, or on high for 1-3. The cooking time will vary depending on what size crockpot you are using, and how quickly it heats and cooks. ****Beth stirred this every 1/2 hour and it was done in about 2.5 hours

No comments:

Post a Comment