Sunday, November 6, 2011

Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas

I doubled this recipe, used all green bell pepper and a red onion. This turned out wonderful. I even ate it with eggs the next morning, kind of a Mexican omelet! I used skirt steak since I had that one hand.

Slow Cooker Steak Fajitas

1 Beef Flank steak about one pound
1 medium onion cut into strips.
1/2 cup salsa and some for garnish.

2 tablespoons of fresh cilantro
2 fresh squeezed limes or 2 lbs of lime juice
2 cloves of garlic minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 tsp salt
1 small red bell pepper cut into strips
1 small green bell pepper cut in strips

Flour tortillas warmed

Cut flank steak lengthwise in half, the crosswise into thin strips, place meat in crockpot. Add all the rest of the ingredients except the bell Peppers. Cook on low for 5 hrs.

Add bell peppers: cover and cook for another hour

Serve with tortillas and salsa on top if desired.

Add toppings like sour cream, cheese, Green Goddess salad dressing and whatever else you like on your fajitas !!





1 comment:

  1. I made this tonight and combined it with a Creamy Chicken Enchilada recipe (http://www.iheartnaptime.net/green-chile-enchiladas/)

    Instead of using chicken, I used this! It was really easy to pull the meat apart for the enchiladas after cooking it. Sooo good! I had some left over meat that I plan on adding to an omelet for breakfast!

    Great cooking!

    ReplyDelete