Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Window Cleaner "Recipe"

I found this 'recipe' on a cleaning forum back in 2001. It was said that a professional window cleaner was seen buying 20 boxes of corn starch and was asked about it. I LOVE this 'recipe'. Once you try it, you will never use Windex again! I like to use micro fiber rags because they seem to leave less lint. If I am doing all my windows and mirrors, I change the rags a few times. Try it!
Window Cleaner "Recipe"

1/3-1/2 c cornstarch mixed into a gallon of warm water. Stir well. Swish a rag in the mixture and wring out. Wipe on windows, leaving it a bit wet and use a dry towel to buff.

Works like a charm. No streaks.
Note:
I just put a few Tablespoons of cornstarch in a qt. spray bottle and fill 1/2 full with water. You can't store this solution for any length of time because it will start to smell. Just mix a small amount to use up each time you want to clean windows, mirrors, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment