Friday, December 9, 2011

Bread Machine Turkey Stuffing Bread

I made 3 loaves of this bread in the bread maker and then froze it to use for stuffing on Thanksgiving. I got 13 cups of cubes from 1.5 loaves. It made THE best stuffing. I will make this again for sure!

Bread Machine Turkey Stuffing Bread
John(Wolverine) on Taste of Home bb

2/3 cup milk
1 egg
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 tablespoon butter
2 cups bread flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon celery seed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon dried sage, crushed
1/2 tablespoon poultry seasoning
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 teaspoon active dry yeast

Add ingredients to the bread pan in the order they are listed. Select setting to Basic or Rapid .
Note: This makes a very dense bread. Fresh herbs can be used in this bread. Try using fresh sage, rosemary, minced onion, or garlic.
To make stuffing:  I just slice the loaf into slices, tear them into bite sized pieces and let them sit on a cookie sheet on the counter over night to dry out some.  ***Beth cut and cubed 13 cups(1.5 loaves) and let the cubes sit on the counter over night....Next time give them 2 nights.  Made excellent crockpot stuffing!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to try this recipe. . . I just got my bread machine this summer and now I am determined to use it for my Thanksgiving stuffing!! I will let you know how it turns out!! :D

    ReplyDelete