Monday, December 19, 2011

Crockpot Stuffing

My friend Verda, from Green Bay, WI, gave me this recipe a few years ago. Last year I totally FORGOT to make stuffing. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to try this. It was WONDERFUL. Jenna requested that I make it again before next Thanksgiving. I used Turkey Stuffing Bread that I made in the bread maker to make the bread for this stuffing. It was so very good.

Crockpot Stuffing
Verda Vaness

1 cup melted butter
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 1/2 tsp. sage
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
12-13 cups unseasoned bread cubes
3 1/2 - 4 cups chicken broth 
2 well beaten eggs
1# pork sausage (with sage), cooked and crumbled

Mix butter, celery, onions, and spices.  Mix this with the remaining ingredients adding enough broth until the bread cubes are moist.   Lightly pack into crockpot and cover.  Cook on high for 45 min., then switch to low and cook for about 6 hours.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Beth I received my first blog award and I need to pass it onto 5 bloggers and you are one of my five. Congrats and come visit my blog to get your award.

    Happy holidays

    www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth

    AWESOME blog! I look at it all the time. Question for you... Our family is each suppose to make their own appetizers on Saturday as a fun thing to do together. I am in the beginning stages of making some lifestyle changes. I am looking for a healthy, yummy, appetizer. Any recommendations?

    I can't wait to see what you come up with. I want mine to be better than Cindy's recipe. I'm not sure what that is yet, so can't give you any insight.

    I sure miss your in-laws! Say hi for us. Miss you guys too. Have a Merry Christmas.

    Jon Wells

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doctor has advised me to avoid chicken for next four months due to high cholesterol. I am still kicking my self because i couldn't eat such delicious dishes which are mine favorite lists.
    barcos telecomandados

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really helpful recipes. In my holiday my mother made this, i really like to eat and this is my favorite dish. Thanks.

    photoshop courses

    ReplyDelete